Enjoy the best food in San Diego
Start your day with a hearty breakfast at one of these ten best breakfasts spots in Coronado. Considered some of the best food in San Diego, you’re bound to find something hearty and filling to energize you for a full day of fun adventure!
Best Breakfast Patio. If you want to have a delicious breakfast, yummy mimosa AND enjoy the sunshine, grab a table on the roomy patio at Tent City for breakfast daily from 8:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Thanks to new management Tent City has become an Island favorite. 1100 Orange Ave.
- Best Decadent Breakfast. Check out Crown Bistro for amazingly decadent breakfast selections like Bananas Foster French Toast, Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes, and Crab Benedict daily from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. 520 Orange Ave.
- Best Breakfast Burritos. The burritos at Cafe 1134 are generously stuffed with warm eggs and fresh veggies, and served with yummy homemade salsa. Complement your wrap with a specialty coffee or tea, or a chilled mimosa. Served 7:00 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. Sun – Thurs, and 6:00 a.m. until 10:30 p.m. Fri – Sat. 1134 Orange Ave.
- Best Breakfast with a View. Enjoy the most important meal of the day with scenic water views from the Market Cafe at Loew’s Marina. Daily 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. 4000 Lowes Coronado Bay Road. BONUS: Sunday’s the Market Cafe has a breakfast buffet for $30 with bottomless mimosas and Bloody Mary’s.
- Best Bloody Mary. These two little words on the menu at Leroy’s Kitchen + Lounge are simply irresistible: Bacon. Mary. Need I say more? 1015 Orange Ave.
Best Spot for Coffee and a Pastry. Visit the charming pastry bar at Tartine for a cup of joe and an impressive selection of fresh European style pastries and jams. Open daily 6:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. 1106 First Street. If you’re on the other end of the Island, the Cafe Madrid sidewalk coffee cart makes delicious specialty coffee drinks with the.best.whipped.cream.ever. 1029 Orange Ave.
- Best Light Breakfast. If you’re looking for a light breakfast of champions, try a fresh crepe from Fabrison’s French Creperie Cafe. Choose from healthy, vegetarian, or sweet fillings. Weekdays 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. and weekends 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. 1120 Adella Ave.
- Best All-Day Breakfast Spot. Clayton’s Coffee Shop serves classic diner style breakfasts like hot cakes, old fashioned waffles, and biscuits & gravy all day long. Mon – Sat 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. and Sunday 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. 979 Orange Ave. BONUS: Clayton’s starts serving a variety of specialty coffees and fresh donuts from their take-out window at 5:00 a.m. daily.
- Best Hangover Prevention/Cure Breakfast. If you’re craving breakfast cuisine after a night out on the town stop in Night & Day Cafe for all the classics served 24 hours on Fridays and Saturdays. 847 Orange Ave.
- Best Sunday Brunch. An award-winning chef, fresh local ingredients, and a large selection of classic and seasonal compositions make the Sunday Brunch at the Hotel Del Coronado’s Crown Room one of the best in all of San Diego. Sundays 9:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. $79.50/adults; $24.50/children ages 6-12. 1500 Ocean Ave. Reservations required (619) 522-8490.
With these great choices of some of the best food in San Diego it sure makes you ready to start your day! After filling up, enjoy a day on the island with these fun adventures.
By: Alisa Kerr
Edited by: Dawn-Reneé Rice