Free Fun in San Diego
Is it possible to have fun in San Diego without breaking the bank? Sure it is!
There are plenty of free and low-cost activities that are perfect for you if you’ve got a small budget.
From browsing downtown to hiking, playing at the beach and strolling through museums, there are activities throughout the San Diego area that provide lots of entertainment with very little cost.
- Head to the beach! They’re free to the public and you can swim, body surf, or play in the sand.
- Visit the coves in La Jolla! The sunset is awe-inspiring and the coves offer one of the most fantastic natural settings in the world.
- Watch the whales! You’ll stand in awe as you watch the whales migrate south, splashing and cavorting with each other through the water.
- Stroll through historic downtown! The Gaslamp Quarter provides an amazing experience as you stroll down the street, past renovated turn-of-the century Victorian architecture, boutiques, art galleries, and more.
- Enjoy free concerts in the park! Visit Balboa Park on Sundays, and you’ll be treated to a free organ concert at 2:00pm at the Spreckels Organ Pavillion.
See, there’s plenty of things to do for free or at a low cost, and we only mentioned five! You can find more events to check out when you go online and like our Facebook page.
Never spend more than you have to, and always be entertained when you visit sunny San Diego!